In response to a query from a teacher on behalf of her first grader who wants to ‘get into publishing,’ here are some links to online sites that encourage or allow students to publish their work online:
- Tips for children publishing on the Internet. | NetAlert – From the Australian government, a helpful set of safety and design tips for any students who would like to publish their creations on the web.
- Young Writer’s Clubhouse – The young writer’s clubhouse gives you tips on how to be a writer, from author Deborah Morris. Join the Critique Group to share poems and stories you’ve written and share feedback with other kid writers.
- KidPub – Read stories other kids have written, or join KidPub (for a fee) to publish your stories online.
- Stone Soup – Read what kids write or submit your own stories to this classy magazine.
- Young Writers Association – this is a local stop for those of us in Eugene, OR.