If you want to get in on the best brainstorming sessions in assistive technology, join the QIAT listserv. QIAT also features the Quality Indicators themselves. In their own words:
The QIAT Consortium is a nationwide grassroots group that includes hundreds of individuals who provide input into the ongoing process of identifying, disseminating, and implementing a set of widely-applicable Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology Services in School Settings that can be used as a tool to support:
- school districts as they strive to develop and provide quality assistive technology services aligned to federal, state and local mandates
- assistive technology service providers as they evaluate and constantly improve their services
- consumers of assistive technology services as they seek adequate assistive technology services which meet their needs
- universities and professional developers as they conduct research and deliver programs that promote the development of the competencies needed to provide quality assistive technology services
- policy makers as they attempt to develop judicious and equitable policies related to assistive technology services.
powered by performancing firefox